Yesterday was the day we were to increase to 1.5ml. We came home still at 1. God knew, I trust that. Karen, my mother in law, got to come with us this trip. She wanted to see what it was all about, and I got to enjoy her company on the drive.
Claire has been congested for going on 3 weeks. Blowing beautifully colored boogers and a lovely cough. Feels fine, just congested. So we went yesterday with full intention of talking Dr. Silvers into increasing her dose anyway. She hasn't been reacting at this level, so let's keep this going. Once we got there he listened to her chest and said she was wheezing and her asthma flared up. What asthma? She doesn't have asthma. I reminded him that he tested her for that when we first started all of this and she was negative, or whatever it is to NOT have asthma. But, he said, "Yes, but she was healthy when we did that test. This seems to be triggered from her illness." Ok, so we are looking at random asthma. Sweet, I would hate for a visit to be routine.
Dr. Silvers orders a breathing treatment and says for me to update him Thursday. Once the treatment is over he listens again and said to call him in the morning with an update. The albuterol didn't do as much as he was hoping for. Instead of coming home increased and one step closer to the peanut party, we come home with a rx for albuterol and the same dosage. Oh well, we will continue with this dose until it's time to move on.
Claire told her daddy about what the doctor said. "You know how I have eczema on my hands, well it's in my lungs too." No - you have eczema on your hands and booty, asthma in your lungs (airway). She listens - I was impressed with knowing it was about her breathing. We did another breathing treatment and her evening dose. Of course her tongue was itching - this never happens. We wait it out and all is well.
She was up at about 1ish coughing, coughing again around 3ish, etc. Well, I guess I will be calling the dr with the update, knowing this means she will be on a steroid hoping to fix the cough faster. I fix her breakfast drink (no, the food issues have not resolved - she drinks her breakfast) and give her the morning peanut dose. About 10-15 minutes later Cole comes running in to my bathroom saying Claire is throwing up. AWESOME!!!! He hides in the bathroom (smart, bc I don't want him puking too). I run in and she is over the trashcan throwing up, over and over. It was the most I've seen her do. This means that her morning dose is on the floor and in the trash. We can fix this..............
Adam sweetly cleans up the "mess" and I get her and her Rapunzel hair in the shower. I call the answering service and Dr Silvers calls back immediately. He tells me what to do with the dose (give her 1/2) and start her on Prelone 3x day, continue on breathing treatments and to call immediately with any other symptoms.
So, here we sit, at home instead of work and school doing nothing that could get her coughing....only snuggling. Which is her most favorite thing to do. Praying this resolves quickly, and that the new asthma deal is only linked to an illness and not an ongoing fun change!
Like I told my sisters and mom (and Tim), we are fine. I am a little bummed at the development, but we ARE NOT IN ST JUDE. That is how I measure any circumstance with this baby.
Thank you for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment