First, let me start by apologizing for not keeping everyone in the loop. Summer has been crazy busy, as I'm sure everyone's is. Second, thank you all for your prayers. Claire is now eating 2 peanuts twice a day.
It is such a bizarre feeling to be weighing out peanuts, having them in our house, her breath smelling like peanuts. This is one of those deals that I knew God could do, but I really didn't think we would get this far. Oh ye of little faith! God has not only gotten us this far, but I am watching Him change Claire. Of course she is still fearful, but not to the degree it was. We went to Splash Kingdom for a church event Sunday night. She's never been because of the cross contamination aspect. She swam and slid and just had fun like any and every 7 year old should.
The school year starts in about 15 minutes and the dread is no longer there. Yes, we will still have emergency kits, plans in place and rules to follow. But, her shear panic over what a friend may or may not have eaten for breakfast is gone. This will be a year she will enjoy.
Claire starts 2nd grade and Cole begins 5th - I am speechless. They will be upstairs together this for their last time until high school. I'm sure I'm making a huge deal out of this and ya'll are all rolling your eyes - but I am struggling. The next time they will be in the same school Cole will be a senior and Claire a freshman. I may have to lay down!
It's so strange to be thinking this far ahead, but from the time she was 2 I have prayed for the rapture because I didn't know how we could deal with Claire going to school. Now she is starting her third year at EG. What an awesome God we serve.
We leave for our family vacation Saturday for a week of just the 4 of us - this is a first. We hope to increase Claire to 3 peanuts twice a day 8/10 (the Monday before school starts). I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment