I am so sorry for the late post. It's been 2 weeks of busy. We had to skip last week because Claire had a little sinus infection going on. They will not up her dose if she is the slightest bit sick. She is more likely to have a reaction with any type of illness. So we went Tuesday.
Tuesday I believe will be our new day of choice, Claire gets 3 hours of school, I can cram in 4 hours of work and we make it home at bedtime and ready for Wednesday. It's exhausting, but it doesn't take over an entire day of school/work like Fridays do. Anyway, we headed off to Dallas Tuesday for her first increase in 2 weeks. My sister Bethany was with us, Adam had bids to get out. Bethany was a huge help with Claire, and keeping me awake for the day. We get to Medical City, totally uneventful. No wrong turns, one way streets, tickets, nothing! I was super proud. I'm the wife that's not allowed out after dark because Adam is fairly positive I would get lost.
While we are there we see a friend we made from our LONG day, Dezi. He's darling. I like the mom, she's super sweet and easy to talk to. We made a date for next Tuesday, same time, same place. The drs bumped Claire up to 6ml @ 2.5mg concentrate. wahoo! Should be about 4 more liquid dose increases and them we are to the capsules that you empty into food. Not so much looking forward to that!
You know, as ecstatic as I am to have my Claire safe from peanuts in just a few short months, it is a really odd feeling. I've been a peanut allergy mom for 5 years, I don't remember parenting when our lives didn't revolve around this. Of course we will be Epi-Pen carriers for the rest of her life, but the daily/minute to minute fear will be gone. It's almost like losing your identity. All I know is protecting her. Obviously I protect my son in the normal "mama" way. But with Claire it is painfully different. She and I share a different relationship, it's almost a life line. I have to admit, it's a life line that goes both ways. Before her I didn't know what being a true mama was. Cole was so easy. Slept all night at 6 weeks, and in a big boy bed at 2. Potty trained at 3, ate solid food from the get go. He was like a pretend baby. God knew I couldn't handle a challenge at 23. I was doggy paddling and I needed a baby that I could love and not need to do much else. Claire came as a challenge from day one, we have learned and grown together. Adam and Cole have been our constant balance. This will be a huge change for them too. I will have to shift my mothering I think. It will be more freeing for sure, but terrifying to say the least. It would be nice to assume this is a completely normal feeling, but I'm really doubting others feel this way.
On a lighter note, Claire tried jumping on a soccer ball Sunday afternoon and landed on her wrist. Green stick fracture on her left arm. She will only wear the cast/splint for 2 weeks. That child has whined about her arm itching every other breath. Thank God it's only 2 weeks. A friend of mine (Crystal)'s daughter broke both bones in her arm yesterday. That baby will be in a cast for a while. Poor thing. The best part was tonight at Jujitsu Cole had a kid crunch down on his finger. AWESOME. Adam called, I picked him up and he cried, and cried and cried. Ok, do I go home and get him calmed down? Do I send him to school tomorrow telling him he's fine and suck it up? It's his right ring finger, which is a pretty important finger for writing. So, off to Velocity for an x-ray. I know there's not much to do for a broken finger, but a splint or something to protect it maybe. When the dr came in and looked at Cole's tear stained face and then over to me holding Claire with a cast on her arm - all she could do was laugh. I assured her that calling Child Protective Services was completely not needed. But it sure does look suspicious - 2 casts in 5 days. Luckily it's not a broken bone, just a deep bruise.
I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to write about on here, but I found myself today wanting to type. I guess get everything swimming in my head out in the open. Please note that I do not always proof read every word I type, so go easy on the grammar. And, I am not a writer, by any stretch of the imagination. If it sounds like babbling, it's because that's how it comes out - sorry.
2 comments:
This is such a great program. Fantastic progress for Claire and other children, too. Since your mothering is in overdrive and she is becoming more independent, I have a great idea. Get yourself another baby. 😉
(Oh Lisa! You are in charge of having the next grandbaby!). I love your rambling post..... makes perfect sense to me! That may not be encouraging! You are doing just as you should. It is scary and a lot of unknowns yet to face, but thank the Lord, He know. Love the Rimmers!
Post a Comment