Monday, May 4, 2015

2nd Capsule Increase

Adam and I took Claire last Thursday for her second increase with capsules.  We are working through it, it's a pain in the butt to find things she will eat to transfer all this powder to her mouth.  Not much room for error.  But, we are making it happen.

I have had a hard time figuring out how to type this entry.  My friend Heather buried her daddy last week and I was so heartbroken for her.  We are too young to bury our parents.  The "mamas" took up money to help with food, and while that is still fresh tragedy strikes again.  Precious Becky Lary lost her husband, Richard last Saturday and she buried him Wednesday.  He was only 49.  For those of you that do not know, Mrs. Lary was Cole's first grade teacher. and she is a sweet sweet friend.  Her daughter (Camryn) was Claire's 5th grade buddy.  I can't in all honesty come on here and type about our Dallas Peanut adventures today.  My heart is so heavy for Becky, Ally & Camryn.  It's more than anyone can think of carrying. 

Richard was a type 1 diabetic like Adam is, so Becky and I have talked about that several times.  I have no clue if diabetes lead to his heart attack, God knows.  But, of course my mind immediately went to Adam when I heard.  "I can't lose him." is all I could think.  "God, please don't take him." is what I prayed.  I realized, after several sleepless nights that Becky "couldn't" lose Richard either.  This wasn't because she was "ready," but it was because God had other plans.  I can't lose sleep worrying if I have tomorrow or next week with my family.  Not everyone gets tomorrow. 

Since Claire's diagnosis I have understood that she was in God's hands.  The part that I have a hard time with is ME not being in control of it.  In my heart of hearts I would love to keep my family in a bubble.  Yes, I am controlling............I'm working on that. 

I have been asked hundreds of times how I deal with Claire's allergies.  I don't, God gives me what I need, when I need it.  And I know God has done the same for Heather losing her daddy and Becky and the girls losing a husband and daddy. 

Thinking of dealing with allergies in comparison to the loss they have experienced seems laughable!  My life is truly easy, and I am grateful.

Please pray for these families when God puts them on your heart. 

No comments: