Thursday, May 14, 2015

Horse Pills

Yesterday Claire increased to 175 mg capsule twice a day.  This is a HUGE jump in amount.  She's handling it well so far, just minor stomach problems.  Adam was sweet enough to take her yesterday, but I hate not being there.  Hopefully I won't miss anymore. 

Back to the capsules - they are big.  Like that antibiotic you have to take with a sinus infection.  Thankfully she's not swallowing them, but she has to consume all of the powder that fits in those ginormous vehicles.  We have settled on rice crispy treats to get said powder down.  Hopefully we have this week, then 2 more powder increases.  Then it's peanut time.

I was talking to my nephew, Jonah, today about it.  He asked if I was scared about the first peanut, because he was nervous.  Of course I'm scared, I look to need heavy sedation during the process that day.  Not to mention that at any moment she could relapse.  But again, refer to my previous post, I HAVE to trust the Lord.  There's nothing else I can possibly do. 

We are already seeing the effects of the OIT, she is relaxing some.  Not to the point of talking to someone that talks to her, but even at home with the things she now sees as possibilities.  Truly miraculous.

Her biggest problem at school right now is that too many friends want to sit with her at her peanut table.  All of her friends seem to have embraced this really well too.  We are hoping to have her in full blown peanut mode by the time school starts.  That means BUYING peanuts.  Do you know that last time I bought peanut products?  Almost 6 years ago.  I can't even wrap my head around that part, have them in the pantry and not treating them like grenades.  It's not a big deal to so many - but it's huge for us.

As mentioned in my previous post, please keep my sweet friends in your prayers.  Heather is still working out details with her daddy's things.  Becky, Ally & Camryn are figuring out how to live without husband and dad.  So much sadness, but the strength they have shown is far beyond what I could have imagined.

Hope everyone has a great day - I'll update next week on the even BIGGER pills!

No comments: