Monday, January 12, 2015

5 days down....

Today marks the fifth full day Claire has been on her current dose.  I haven't noticed any side effects, we are truly blessed.  Our next appointment is Friday, taking advantage of a day off school.  Back to Dallas we go.

I received her lab results today, the allergists office has a patient portal. EVERYTHING is uploaded, no waiting for results.  I looked at them, of course she's allergic to peanut, from what I remember the numbers are about the same as they were 2 years ago.  She has now developed a class 2 allergy to hazelnut.  Of all things!  Claire has food aversions (putting it lightly), this does not mean she's a picky eater, this means she gets sick at certain textures and smells.  Nutella is a staple and she's developing an allergy to it.  Awesome!!!  Could have something to do with the eczema that has taken over her hands.  We will discuss with the doctor Friday.  Back to her results to peanut.  From what I remembered this morning the numbers were about the same, until I got home and had them in front of me to compare.  Her allergy has doubled in numbers.  The numbers evaluate how her immune system will react.  Let's say I had gotten these results on my own, away from starting the OIT program......I probably would be on the floor in a puddle like I was the first time I found out.  However, with the results in my hand I feel like it is God confirming our steps.  What others intended for evil (not really evil just selfishness) God is using for good.  He knew her numbers were increasing meaning she was becoming more severe (if that's possible).  He allowed hurtful things to be said and done to show us the direction we were to go.  I am so thankful for His never ending love. 

Please don't get me wrong, I know there are millions, billions of families out there dealing with things worse than food allergies.  But this is our world, and I wanted to share our journey in it and through it.  Know my heart, I would never write any of this to whine.  This is not where I vent, this is where I explain.  I think that's the best word.  There are so many people who thankfully love my Claire and want to know every detail, this tells the story.

On another note, we spent all weekend finishing Cole's science fair project.  I told mama Saturday that Satan is truly the father of lies and projects.  It is just a fact!  I was so happy for him to take the dang thing to school today.  It was stressing me more than him......nothing phases that boy.  He is coming with us to Dallas Friday.  He wasn't thrilled but I talked to him in the car and told him about the Nutella thing, "oh mom!  She only eats Nutella.  I'll help you figure out what to do."  These are the words from my sweet boy.  He may only be 9 but he is going to grow to be a fine man. 

I have had several families private message me on Facebook asking how this was going b/c they have an allergy baby.  This is by far the best decision we have made as a family.  I still cannot wrap my head around it, but I knew and refused to accept the fact that a peanut could take my child from me.  This is letting us see there is light at the end of this tunnel, God provided a way.  Looking back at all the things in our life He put in place is almost laughable.  He really does have a plan and it is so much better than I could have dreamed.  Again, thank you all for your prayers and support.  Keep them coming, Friday they will increase her dose.......I'll let you know how it goes.




1 comment:

Kathy Cubley said...

Another sweet post! I am always glad to see your thoughts placed where others can share in the way that God continues to bless, even when the path is hard and often confusing. He is so faithful. Keep up the good work. Love our children!!