We left tonight headed to Dallas to spend the night (thank you Tim and Britny) and wake up for our very first day! Nervous, excited, overwhelmed...... Lots of feelings really. Gratitude has to be the strongest. I posted this blog link on Facebook and was shocked at the response from comments and texts and calls. Our family is covered in prayer! We are so thankful.
Claire told her class today where she was going tomorrow and what she was going to do. Somehow it got a little twisted in the 1st grade minds. One text I received was, "Claire's not coming back til 5th grade!!" No, Claire will be back Monday morning, bright and shiny!! I was so impressed that Claire had the bravery to tell her friends. If you know her at all, this is very surprising. There are tons of people that love her and have NEVER heard her voice. For her to stand up gives me even more peace about this decision. God is honestly going before us. And that today is proof.
After re-reading my post last night I noticed that I only mentioned my son ONCE. Oh my! He is my heart, and he vital to Claire. God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave us Cole Knox first. Cole has grown up to be such a blessing and truly Claire's protector. They may fight like cats and dogs at times, but he won't let ANYONE else do it. He came with us to the initial meeting because this involves all of us, he needed to hear it just like we did. Cole will stay with Nana so he doesn't miss school and we need to only focus on Claire tomorrow. But, he will be with us for the majority of the other visits.
Cole is a typical 4th grade boy. Loves all sports, loves all games, loves reading, and of course movies. He is growing so fast, and always seems to be hungry! Cole bleeds purple and gold, has the fathead on his wall to prove it. And just below the fathead is his snake "Moo". Actually he's named King David, but I call him Moo because he's black and white like a milk cow! God blessed Cole with a brilliant mind and a very loving, tender heart. Once I figure our how to add more photos I'll post some of him too! He's so pretty.
I will update more tomorrow - when there is actually something to say. Please pray for us. I've said this 100 times but, God promises us to use everything for good to those who love Him. I promise you no one loves Jesus like Claire does. He is her best friend and we trust her to Him.
Thank you again for all the support.
1 comment:
Love these updates! Keep them coming :) :) Praying for you guys. Love you!!!!
Post a Comment